Seriously, it’s only two questions, so if you don’t take it, I’m going to assume you’re a fat Elvis and too lazy to bother. But if you’re not a fat Elvis, leave a comment saying what you are — you might be a Jackie, or a Marilyn, or a Katherine, or … well, I don’t even know what other options there are! So find out already!
Here’s how you get along with me:
- * Stand up for yourself… and me.
- * Be confident, strong, and direct.
- * Don’t gossip about me or betray my trust.
- * Be vulnerable and share your feelings. See and acknowledge my tender, vulnerable side.
- * Give me space to be alone.
- * Acknowledge the contributions I make, but don’t flatter me.
- * I often speak in an assertive way. Don’t automatically assume it’s a personal attack.
- * When I scream, curse, and stomp around, try to remember that’s just the way I am.
What’s cool about being a Bette:
- * being independent and self-reliant
- * being able to take charge and meet challenges head on
- * being courageous, straightforward, and honest
- * getting all the enjoyment I can out of life
- * supporting, empowering, and protecting those close to me
- * upholding just causes
But, here’s what’s hard about being me:
- * overwhelming people with my bluntness; scaring them away when I don’t intend to
- * being restless and impatient with others’ incompetence
- * sticking my neck out for people and receiving no appreciation for it
- * never forgetting injuries or injustices
- * putting too much pressure on myself
- * getting high blood pressure when people don’t obey the rules or when things don’t go right