Since this was so much fun last time, I thought we’d do it again … with a holiday twist! Please read the rules and make your guesses (please guess just one movie on the first try, even if you know a few of them!) in the comments!
- Pick 10 (or so) of your favorite movies.
- Find, remember, or look up a quote from each movie. (This time around, I’m doing all movies with a holiday theme.)
- Post them here for everyone to guess.
- Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
- NO googling or cheating by doing an online search. Cheaters never prosper.
- Commenters should share the fun and only guess one movie (on the first try — if you come back and you know one that still hasn’t been chosen, knock yourself out).
But … but maybe he’s only a little crazy like painters or composers or … or some of those men in Washington.It’s a Christmas miracle! CC got this one right — “Miracle on 34th Street.” (The original, natch.) Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man.Nice work, Fitz — it’s “A Christmas Story.”
- “Rats don’t understand these things.” “You were never a lonely child?” “I had twelve hundred and seventy four brothers and sisters.” “Boy! Rats don’t understand these things!”
Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.Sarah nailed it — “Home Alone.” Now I have a machine gun. Ho, ho, ho.I should’ve known my husband would guess this one right away. Yippee ki yay indeed, Jared — it’s “Die Hard.” I never liked a girl well enough to give her twelve sharp knives.I like this guesser well enough to give him 12 sharp knives. Jared’s right; “Scrooged!” “Hello, David. I mean ‘sir.’ Shit, I can’t believe I’ve just said that. And now I’ve gone and said ‘shit’ — twice. I’m so sorry, sir.” “It’s fine, it’s fine. You could’ve said ‘fuck,’ and then we’d have been in real trouble.” “Thank you, sir. I did have an awful premonition that I was gonna fuck up on the first day. Oh, piss it!”Well, that didn’t take long! Kate O. is right, this is from “Love, Actually.” Who knew this was a fave for so many people? It’s just like Santa’s workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms … and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.Rock on, Holly — it’s “Elf,” right before Buddy discovers the “syrup” for his coffee. I like corny. I’m looking for corny in my life.Huzzah! Kerri Anne and I have some movie twin characteristics, as we both love “The Holiday.”
- Hey look, mister — we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to get drunk fast, and we don’t need any characters around to give the joint “atmosphere.” Is that clear, or do I have to slip you my left for a convincer?